We have a long and successful history of delivering quality construction and renovation projects to clients, regardless of size or level of complexity. Our teams successfully manage projects in key industry sectors, including residential, hospitality, retail, commercial, senior living and entertainment. We also offer clients specialized teams, particularly in the education and healthcare sectors, that are experienced working under unique conditions, such as operational campuses and sensitive environments.
We are a multi-disciplined builder and heavy/civil contractor. We bring engineered solutions to complex projects of all sizes. We bring qualified management and skilled craftsman to every site. Safety, quality and schedule are directly proportionate to the planning and engineering of our work. We look to provide a working environment where all parties share equally in the success of the project.
The founder Earnest J. Smith
was involved in the construction industry since 1970, as E. J. Smith Trucking and E. J. Smith Contracting, which established itself as an industry leader with building and excavating systems renowned for their uncompromising quality and dependable structural integrity, and for their capacity to anticipate problems and implement the latest and most cost efficient technologies. Mr. Smith's approach to construction for over 40 years was to establish a strong presence by leveraging the company's strengths in a number of highly specialized construction disciplines, including Heavy Civil, Transit, Highways & Bridges, Building & Foundations, Treatment Facilities and Residential & Commercial Development.
- Earth Support System - Pile driving, Sheeting, Shoring, Dewatering
- Specialty Structures & Foundations - Cofferdams, Slurry Walls, Underpinning
- Utilities, Pipe Jacking - Deep Trenching, Critical Jacking, RR Crossings
- Structural/Bridge steel and industrial painting
- Confined Site/Selective Demolition, Sitework
- Building, design build, restoration and renovation
- FulI-time on-site supervision
- On-going estimating and long-lead item ordering
- Continuous value engineering
- Contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors
- Job cost monitoring and evaluation
- Schedule development and monitoring
- Safety training and compliance
- Quality control and oversight
- Community outreach and affirmative action coordination